Adult content is tricky.
Content that some people applaud, others find offensive. Some content is likely to represent, condone, and even encourage oppression, while other content aims to educate, facilitate discourse, or promote non-mainstream lifestyles. Sometimes it’s easy to tell the difference, but at other times, the line is blurry.
In general, we do not allow the former kind of adult content and we do allow the latter.
Because it’s not always very clear, we do have some general guidelines about the kinds of content we do and do not allow on our platform:
We do not allow:
- Violent, abusive, or exploitative pornography
- Sexual content that promotes or favorably portrays oppressive or exploitative subject matter
- Content that promotes or favorably portrays violence, abuse, or incitement
- Illegal content
We do allow:
- Nudity and sex-related subject matter, especially in educational and healthy lifestyle contexts
- Freedom of speech and expression, as long as it does not violate our other guidelines
Final Decision #
Due to the subjective nature of adult content, we reserve the right to make the final decision on whether we allow any particular adult content or not, for any reason.
If you disagree with our decision, let us know and we’ll discuss it with you. We’ve been known to change our minds. However, the final decision is ultimately ours.
Discontinuing Service #
If we find a website violating our adult content policy, we reserve the right to discontinue service.
If this happens, we will first notify you and discuss it with you. If we end up deciding to discontinue the service, we’ll work out a plan with you and help migrate you to your new service provider.