When you get a hosting plan with us, we’ll set you up with an Elastic Email subaccount, which we manage under our main account. We’ll connect it to your website mainly for transactional email. We also monitor your email reputation and notify you if it drops.
You can also use your Elastic Email subaccount for marketing email. We disable the marketing tools by default because every business has very different needs and some prefer to use other Email Service Providers (ESPs). Just reach out and we’ll enable the marketing tools for you.
You’re free to use any ESP you choose for transactional email as well and we’ll help you connect it properly to your website. We provide Elastic Email by default because it provides great deliverability at excellent prices, and more importantly, because it gets the job done.
Limits Included in the Hosting Plan #
Your hosting plan includes the following limits:
- The first 1000 contacts
- The first 10000 emails sent
If you approach your limits, we’ll let you know so that you can take appropriate action. You can clean up your email list, migrate to a different ESP, or continue with Elastic Email with our overage pricing.
Overage Pricing #
If you go over the free limits, we’ll bill you for overage at these extremely competitive monthly prices:
- Each additional 1000 contacts for the next 100K contacts: 0.39 USD
- Each additional 1000 emails sent after the first 10K emails: 0.13 USD
These prices do not include fees and taxes.
Use our pricing calculator to get a quick estimate:
Comparing with Elastic Email Pricing #
Elastic Email offers an Unlimited plan at 10 USD/mo for up to 10000 contacts and unlimited emails.
Our pricing is designed for small businesses just starting out. It gives you an easy running start until you get a better handle on your needs and preferences. It’s a stepping stone.
If you have fewer than 10000 contacts and send fewer than 60000 emails per month, our prices will generally be lower. We provide our pricing formula below to help you do the math.
Pricing Examples #
To paint a clearer picture, here are a few examples based on different levels of usage:
- You have up to 1000 contacts and send 10K emails or less per month. This is included in your hosting plan and will not incur any additional charges.
- You have 1001 contacts and send 10K emails or less per month. This will cost 0.29 USD per month because that 1 contact over 1000 puts you in the 1001-2000 bracket.
- You have 4500 contacts and send 24500 emails per month. The total per month is 3.51 USD.
- The price per 1000 contacts per month drops further at the next 100K, 1M, 10M, and more than 10M contacts.
The Formula #
This is the formula we use to calculate the monthly cost.
We round the contacts and the emails up to the nearest 1000 and then calculate the total monthly cost as follows:
CONTACTS = (rounded contacts - 1000) / 1000 * 0.39 usd/mo EMAILS = (rounded emails - 10000) / 1000 * 0.13 usd/mo TOTAL = CONTACTS + EMAILS
If we plug in the numbers for the example with 4500 contacts and 24500 emails, we’ll get 3.51 USD/mo:
rounded contacts -> 5000 rounded emails -> 25000 CONTACTS = (5000 - 1000) / 1000 * 0.39 = 1.56 EMAILS = (25000 - 10000) / 1000 * 0.13 = 1.95 TOTAL = 1.56 + 1.95 = 3.51